Monday, October 31, 2016

Choice of Accommodation in Hong Kong: Star Mansion via Airbnb

Last March, my family, Jeff and I went to Hong Kong for a vacation. After our wedding last January, Jeff and I didn’t have our solo getaway. So our first official travel as a married couple is in Hong Kong with the whole family.  It was August of 2015 when I booked the ticket for all of us during PAL’s seat sale. I was really excited with this trip because I was on a serious travel diet for year 2015. :P
I booked our accommodation through Airbnb so that all of us can stay in just 1 house. It’s like a small apartment / condo unit with 2 bedrooms and 1 toilet and bath. It has a kitchen area equipped with electric stove, cooking utensils, microwave oven, kettle and refrigerator. It also has a front load washing machine.  I bedroom has 1 bunk bed, the other room has 1 double bed and in the living room, there’s 1 sofa bed and television. The unit also has a strong Wi-Fi connection.
Living room with Sofa bed
Bedroom with double bed
Bedroom with bunk bed
Kitchen / Laundry area

Since we stayed in an apartment, and we are not able to meet Nick, our host, in person, instructions / house rules were given to us prior to our arrival in the apartment. That includes throwing our own garbage, turning off the lights and air conditioner (we never turned it on during our stay because it was really cold!) when not in use, how to use the appliances, where to retrieve the keys upon arrival and where to return it upon checkout.
Though the place is quite small for us, we didn’t mind at all because the place is very well located. It’s near some fast food restaurants, money changer, convenience store, shopping malls and MTR. It’s approximately two-minute walk going to the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR. The host is very responsive as well to all my inquiries.
However, I wouldn’t suggest this place during cold season in Hong Kong because of their water heater. It takes some time before the water gets hot and the water temperature goes down when used for a long time (roughly 10 minutes straight). Also, one thing I noticed is that, there’s a metal gate after the Unit’s wood door but no key was provided for it, so when I accidentally closed it, I needed to contact the host. Though after I contacted him that the metal gate was locked, he sent his friend to open it for us.
The place may be a bit small for seven people (I find the bed in 1 room too small for 2 people) but with its superb location, I would still recommend this place.

Total Cost for 3 nights: Php 24,958

Star Mansion
3 Minden Row
Hong Kong, Kowloon
Hong Kong



No comments:

Post a Comment