Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Pablo

I've first tried this famous cheesecake shop when Jeff and I went to Japan last April. Pablo is known for its soft and fluffy cheese tarts. I didn’t know that it was originally from Japan and it was that famous until its coming to the Philippines made a noise. I can’t remember if I even included it in our must-try-to-eat list when we went to Japan. All I remember is that, there’s always a long queue of people in every branch that we passed by. Since we have a schedule to follow, we didn’t join the craze. But I was so bothered and curious that we might be missing something if we won’t be able to try it.
Surprisingly (and luckily), we passed by a store that has a shorter queue. Unfortunately though, the store we spotted is not selling the smaller version of cheese tarts. Since I’m a bit desperate already, and besides, their pastries looks really tempting, we decided to just buy the bigger cheese tart. The size though is still smaller if compared to the usual size of a cake.
The next day, we had it for breakfast and guess what? Jeff and I were able to consume all of it in just one seating! Pablo cheese tart is the best cheese tart I’ve ever tasted. It’s thick, smooth and rich in flavor. The crust is soft, not too thick with a little bit of crunch. Eto yung cake na sobrang dami ng laman tapos kapiraso lang yung tart. Sobrang sarap! As in! Medyo OA no? Pero sobrang sarap niya talaga!
So when I heard that they will be opening a store here in Manila, I really got excited. My sister has been tagging me on Facebook pictures / links of Pablo opening in Robinsons Manila. Since I’ll be visiting them on a Sunday, Jeff and I decided to go to Robinsons Place Manila as early as 10:15 Saturday morning to avoid the long queue. Pero may pila pa din! Bwaha. I was expecting that it will take us 30 minutes or more before we can get out of the line but no! In less than 15 minutes, We got our cheese tarts already!
When we were near the counter, sooobrang bango! We bought 2 Freshly Baked Cheese Tarts and 1 Matcha Cheese Tart. However, Jeff and I didn’t like the Matcha flavor that much. I may be a bit biased because I’m not a fan of Matcha flavored food, but even Jeff who is not a picky eater did not enjoy it as much as we did with the Cheese Tart.
It has Mochi balls and Monggo-flavored filling
Of course, the Freshly Baked Cheese Tart did not disappoint. It’s still our favorite. We have yet to try the Premium Cheese Tart but maybe soon. Medyo mahal din kasi! Haha. In Japan, I know there's this soft and hard version for the cheese tart (sana tama alala ko). Pero yung hard version na nabili namin nun sobrang soft niya pa din :p Here in Manila, they only offer the Soft Cheese Tart.
*photo taken 1 day after we bought the cake
If you want to try Pablo Cheese Tarts, I suggest you go to the mall between 10am to 12noon. Expect that there’s still a queue but that will not take you hours before you can have your tarts. Each customer is allowed to purchase a maximum of 2 cheese tarts only. So if you want to buy more, tag along with you your friends and family members.

Reminder: After buying the cheese tart, make sure to refrigerate it immediately so that it won't melt. The lady at the counter told me that it can last its form for at most 6 hours after it is bought if not refrigerated.


Pablo
Ground Floor, Pedro Gil Wing
Robinsons  Place Manila
Ermita, Manila

2 comments:

  1. My officemates asked me to buy this for them. Sabi ko, sige I'll try tutal papunta rin naman kami ng RP that weekend. E parang opening weekend yun. Susmaryanoginoo! Queue was until the old UCC! Sabi ko ok lang kahit i-frienship over na nila ako. Haha! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di ko pa natry. Sabi nila hype lang daw. Di daw gaano masarap. Baka naman mga pa-sosy lang sila. Judgmental?? Hahaha! :) Pero sige, try namin next time pag nakamove on na mga tao. Hihihi..

    ReplyDelete